Saturday, March 23, 2013

NARS Laguna





Oh dear, it's been a while hasn't it? Once you get outta the groove, it just happens... I'm back with a bronzey little friend.

While browsing Sephora with a gift card in hand, I was lost in what to buy... A new eyeshadow that will probably sit in the back of my drawers? A foundation that doesn't quite match my skintone and gathers dust behind a few books? Not this time. I've landed in the NARS Laguna territory. The brand known for fantastic cheek colors, this is no exception. I've never truly been into bronzers and I'd go as far as to say this is the first one I can actually pull off, without looking like an oompa loompa. Too heavy of a hand however and you've turned into a true Snooki.

A diffused brown with the tiniest bit of golden shimmer -- which doesn't show up on the face -- casts the most natural glow. Used in the contours, it gives me a bit of a cheekbone, a lacking feature I try to make up for. The packaging is the classic rubbery stuff that is ruined within a moment, with a thumb print straight across the front, but you know, I actually really like it. Makeup gets a little messy sometimes, and it's okay. However I know it's a hit and miss type thing. For me, it's outta the ballpark.

I expect this to last me as least a year or more -- that's what I get from one of their smaller blushers. Overall, I'm happy I remembered to pick this up and will most likely be repurchasing it in the future. It's a must have for a glowy, contoured spring-summer skin.

What's your go-to bronzer? Any recommendations?

twitter
instagram
bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment