Sunday, March 31, 2013

Travel Essentials






Happy Easter everyone! Today, I'm sitting on the deck of my family's condo in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. About to take off for mass but determined to fit in a wee little post.

I love taking peeks in everyone else's makeup bags, so I thought I'd show you whats going in mine. Nothing too new. Everything has been stripped back by the basic questions: If I eliminate this, will it throw everything off? If answered no, chuck it -- or save it for when you get back of course. I've also asked myself, is it lightweight, easy to apply, not too fussy, etc? If yes, then in it goes on a little journey to central America!

For a base, I chose Maybelline's BB Cream. It's the only one I've found that stays put, is lightweight and has enough coverage to just conceal a little bit. I couldn't leave home without my beloved under eye concealer by Bobbi Brown. I brought a sample size of a Jergen's face moisturizer that creates a natural glow. I'm all about the glow right now, so I'm bringing NARS Laguna and Douceur. I'm also chucking in my favorite MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle for a bit of shimmer, which can double as an eyeshadow! Some mascara, which I ended up changing out for one I'm currently testing... Nonetheless, I wanted a waterproof baby to stick on all day. And the easiest eyeshadow I could find, the Maybelline 24 hr Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. A little product on the finger transfers like a dream to the eye, a blend here or there and you're done. The rest is self explanatory, some brushes for application and poof, we're done and ready to go.

I hope you're having a wonderful Easter and Spring Break!

twitter
instagram
bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment