Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Makeup



Sometimes, Sunday is the day where you pull out old products and try something you haven't worked with in a while. Mostly, Sunday's are reserved for facials, baths, and putting off coursework. Of course, today is one of those. I was rummaging through my mom's makeup drawer and came across a palette I hadn't seen in a while. I'm currently sporting Bobbi Brown's Chocolate and Gold Eye Paint Palette. I applied this with a dry brush, but now that I am doing some research, I see that it might work better with a wet application. Makes sense because I was highly unimpressed with the quality of the pigmentation. Lots of glitter, very little color is never ideal. I also popped on a bit of the Diorshow Iconic Mascara which I was never impressed with. Maybe it's just the look I'm going for, but I find that it doesn't do much for my lashes. The formula is a bit too wet for my taste as well. I wanted to go for a lighter foundation today, so I stuck to Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. It covers blemishes surprisingly well and matches my skin to a T. I did a full review on it a few months ago, feel free to check that out. For concealer, I used a bit of my new Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain. Look for a post on that in the next week! On my cheeks, I stuck to Nars Orgasm and MAC's Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish. I love the healthy glow these two work on my cheeks. On my lips, I wanted some sort of color but I didn't want to use lipstick so I reached for Revlon 'Darling' Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain as a base and followed with the Revlon Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I'm wearing today. Have a good week!
x

instagram (NEW version!)

No comments:

Post a Comment