Tuesday, January 29, 2013

AnnaSophia Robb in The Carrie Diaries or... Shakira...

What you'll need:
Hair dryer
Detangler (if that suits you)
Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse (first time trying, don't have an opinion on it yet!)
Moroccan Argon Oil (for extra shine)
1/2 inch curling iron (mine is a $15 Conair)
Towel dry hair, apply mousse, bit of argon oil. Make sure to scrunch with your fingers. My hair is naturally this curly, so I have no other advice than this!
Blow dry hair on low heat setting. Scrunch hair in fingers and apply heat directly that way.

I had my curling iron set at 17 but also turned it down to about 13.

After you've blow dried your hair completely (don't apply heat if your hair is still wet, it'll cause more damage!) then begin to part your hair. From the bottom of my ears up, I put everything into a bun on the top of my head.

From here you can begin to use your curling iron to create small curls. I suggest taking a piece of hair about a centimeter in width. Once the bottom layer is finished, begin to make another layer from the tops of ears up. Place in bun on top of hair and begin to work. Remember to switch directions (away from your face and towards your face) for a less artificial look. Without switching, you will probably end up looking a bit like Taylor Swift (and no one wants that...)

The finished look! This took quite a bit of time for me because I have so much hair but it stays put for a while and I know I'll be able to get two or three days worth of wear out of it.
I spritzed a spray of Argon Oil to the ends of my hair on both sides for more shine.

Let me know if you recreate this look!
twitter
instagram
bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment