Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top 13 of 2012 | Part One

Hmm... Well, I started with 10 of 2012, then moved to 12 and settled at 13... I just had a lot of products that I've loved, okay?! This is going to be a post split into two parts, the first one (this one, duh) is going to be skin care/hair care/ brush care/face care/all of the above and the second one (up in a few days, don't you worry) is going to be makeup, plus some other bits and bobs. Here we go!
 All the family together. What a happy bunch they are! Look at their dazzling, smiley faces!

 01. Moisturizers
I struggled to find a good moisturizer this year after having a bad bout with products at the beginning of last year. With a basic drug store brand, I was breaking out left and right. Thankfully, my mom introduced me to the idea that maybe spending a little more money now is better in the long run. These are the ones I've been loving. The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream is what I use in the mornings and Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins (a new discovery, though I couldn't leave it out!) is what I use at night. 
 02. Haircare
This year, I've definitely become more involved in the upkeep and treatment of my hair. With many dyes comes a whole lotta repair, so these are the products that I've found have kept my hair healthy looking. The first is Aveda Smooth Infusion which works to fight frizz and keep my hair straight while I blow dry it. The second is the It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product which is just that... A miracle. I've used this for quite a while. On my fine, long, tangly hair, it never leaves me greasy. Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair is another product I've popped on in the last half of the year. My mother mistook it for a heat protectant but I snatched it up as soon as I could. The light formula works wonders while blow drying. And last but certainly not least is Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream. Absolutely a savior on particularly knotty, frizzy or unpredictable hair. Just pop a little bit between my fingers and apply to ends and fly aways.

03. Skin Care
The three hottest brands in my stash this year are Bobbi Brown (above), Origins and REN. I've loved using Origins Checks and Balances for a clean, fresh feeling face. To combat dehydration, I often use a bit of Origins Drink Up Mask for 15-20 minutes. Most of it soaks into the skin and requires just a quick wash. And the third product is REN Clearcalm 3 Acne Treatment Mask. While combatting heavy break outs earlier this year, I worked a lot with this mask. It got it's fair share of usage and I really love the way it makes my skin feel.
04. Miscellaneous
This category really has it all, I didn't quite know what to call it. I despise using face wipes but have really liked the Simple Cleaning Facial Wipes. They're handy to have for sleepovers, late nights, and sometimes early mornings. The Clarisonic Mia was another lifesaver during the bout with acne this year. I continue to love to use this though I have been using it less and less lately. I've always hated shaving my legs but with EOS Shave Cream in vanilla bliss, the pure scent makes me want to sometimes. I also really enjoyed Alba shave cream (not pictured). Lastly, this Daily Makeup Brush Cleanser has been so, so, SO handy in the last year. Being able to just scrub off a little product from a brush before taking pictures is so helpful. I still do a weekly deep cleanse but this saves me a ton of time.

Do you have a post on your favourite skin care products this past year? Let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment